Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Night Market

June 16

In the afternoon today we took a trip to the pool. It was a lot of fun because they had an area where there were a bunch of different areas with the water jets. You could go from station to station and push a button to get water jets on different parts of the body. It's kind of hard to explain, but it was a very relaxing afternoon.

For dinner we ate at a Japanese sushi bar, where there is a conveyor belt of dishes that you are able to grab. At the end when you pay, the workers just count the number of plates and charge 30 NT per plate (a little under a dollar). It was fun, and I was able to try salmon eggs for the first time. They are little orange salty balls and weren't too bad.

After that, we headed over to the night market, which has a variety of snack foods, toys, shoes, apparel, and much more. I didn't end up getting anything this time, but when I go back I plan on buying a mask so I can breathe easier when I ride around on the bike. The exhaust combined with the heat combined with my asthma makes riding my bike a lung burning ordeal. It also reminds me too much of working at the go kart track for all of the wrong reasons. Sorry again for the lack of pictures. I'll be sure to take the camera tomorrow when Alex and I go to Tainan!

No comments:

Post a Comment