Thursday, July 2, 2009

I'm Lovin' it

So today was my second full day alone in Chiayi.It would have been my sixth in a row here had the whole visa thing not been a problem. Since there is not a whole lot going on right now, I will talk about my dinner tonight. I decided to go somewhere exotic. I chose...McDonalds. Yeah, I know that I should be trying all sorts of new things while I'm over here, but I haven't had too much to eat the past couple of days so I decided that I needed an influx of calories. McDonalds was happy to oblige.

When we were in Kending, we ate at McDonalds both mornings and ordering was easy. We just pointed to what we wanted and it worked out just fine. Here in Chiayi it was not so simple. I tried the pointing technique was unsuccessful and the girl at the register was kind of scared that we weren't able to communicate. Luckily, she brought over someone else who knew enough English to take my order and the crisis was averted.

One of the things that I have wanted to try since arriving to Taiwan is the Super Big Mac. I actually don't know what it is really called since I still know a grand total of one Chinese character. But anyways, the brilliance behind this beast of a burger is that instead of two all beef patties, they double it to four. And let me tell you, four is greater than two. The only complaint that I have is that it loses some of the special sauciness because the beef to sauce ratio increases. But other than that small detail it was pretty great.

Before she left, my sister and I decided that the only reason this beast of a burger isn't sold in the US is because health advocates would rip them apart for the decision. On a side note, why do we call them health advocates anyway? How many people are against health? Anyways, I think that if this burger made its way to the states it would be a big success.

No comments:

Post a Comment